We’re halfway through January. Hopefully, your new year is off to a great start with big plans for 2023.
As you start your new year, I have a suggestion. I know you have a lot of things going on and you’re busy, but this is a quick and simple suggestion. Are you ready? Take a look at your website. Yep. That’s it! But don’t just open the homepage and call it good. Make the beginning of the year a good time to go through your website’s pages.
Why? There are two reasons:
- Websites are anything but stable. As plugins are updated, servers are upgraded, and a host of other changes take place, you never know what effect they can have on your website – for the worse. Even if you’re on one of my Maintenance & Security plans, there are some things that go under the radar.
- It’s also a good time to refresh yourself with your website. Maybe it’s been a while since you’ve looked at it. Looking at it with a fresh set of eyes may give you a different perspective of what it’s like to visit your website. Look at it through the eyes of a customer or client. Are there any changes you might make to improve the experience (and thus grow your business)?
Here are five (5) things to look for as you scan through your website:
- The Flow: Does it make sense if you were a customer looking at your website? It should be all about the customer journey – not yours.
- Missing Photos: Are all the pictures there? You never know when for whatever strange reason a picture goes missing.
- Typos: You may have proofed it 10 times, but maybe you’ll notice that overlooked typo this time.
- Pages: Do they all come up and display as they should?
- Anything Out of the Ordinary: You’re looking for the anomaly … whatever doesn’t look right. Then fix it.
If you see something that needs to be addressed on your website, let me know if I can help. If you’re on either my Standard or Premium Maintenance & Security plans, you have time built into your plan to have me take a look at your website. If you’re not, my rates are reasonable and most minor fixes shouldn’t take much time.
Start the new year by looking at your website and ensuring that everything looks great … not just for you but for your customers.